Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO CP 6921 sip MODE REGISTERED NOT ABLE TO RECEIVE CALLS

Edubocchino
Level 1
Level 1

HI there, newbe here

I got a CP-6921, did the firmware update to latest version, created TFTP server , transferred XLM file with setup information, was able to register the phone and make outbound calls and to other extensions. 

Can´t receive any type of calls, the sistem returns 404 error when invited.

I understand this is something inside the .cnf.xml file, a setting needed to be changed maybe.

Find xml file attached.

Someone please help!!!!

4 Replies 4

aeciolemos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you check the start/end media ports in the XML file?

<startMediaPort>10000</startMediaPort>
<stopMediaPort>20000</stopMediaPort>

Also, check the CODEC translations in your Asterisk server. Sometimes it is not able to translate to the CODEC your device is using. An idea is to force a CODEC like G711 on this line:

<preferredCodec>none</preferredCodec>

Then see if you get the calls working.

Last, check your Asterisk logs for reasons why it cannot invite. Put NAT = NO in the extension to avoid NAT problems.

Let me know if this helps.

Hi aeciolemos,

Thanks for the post.

The startmediaports working with a CP-3905 are 9.000/21.000 , I used these values.

The codec is not an issue.

Still not able to get calls, the phone registers but fail to receive calls.

Follow the actual xml file, any help is very much appreciated!

Just to add more information,

my team was able to make a CP-3905 work here however, the phone had firmware 9.4(1)SR2 instead of 9.4(1)SR3 which is the most recent one.

The CP-6921 is currently running firmware 9.4(1)SR3 , can it be related in the way that I should downgrade one firmware version and maybe run ok?

Thanks

First of all, my apologies for not reading your messages and replying earlier. I have had cases where the latest firmware will not work properly. For the 7911, for example, I am still on v8 firmware because the v9 one is too buggy. A lot of the older phones have that kind of problem, but I would expect the 3905 to be better. I will take note of the SR3 not working for you and the SR2 working instead.

Try downgrading the 6921 as well, try one version at a time. Sometimes it is a case of incompatibility with the server you are using.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: