cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP 8831 Keypad Non Responsive to Phone Prompts

cminner88
Level 1
Level 1

Our Cisco CP 8831 can call, receive, and dial numbers fine. Whenever we try to use it for phone prompts such as calling a bank, joining a teleconference, or even checking voicemail the keypad will sound like it's recieving input but whatever place we are calling will not recieve the keypresses.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Under Voice  register pool 12

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

voice register global

create profiles

Test a call and let us know 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

So this is a problem with DTMF. In order to offer you relevant assistance, I need to ask a few questions.

I assume you are using SIP to access the PSTN; Can you tell me what is set for "DTMF Signaling Method" in the SIP trunk pointing at your CUBE/ITSP? Does the device pool that the SIP trunk belong to have access to MTP and is the MTP software sessions on CUCM (IPVMS) or on an IOS router?

Also, within the SIP Profile that the SIP trunk is using, are you using Delay Offer, Early Offer or Best Effort (available depending on your version of CCM).

I could not find anything regarding DTMF Signaling Method. The only thing I found is this command:

voice register pool 12
busy-trigger-per-button 1
id mac AC44.F213.C21A
type 8831
number 1 dn 8
dtmf-relay sip-notify
codec g711ulaw

This is from the core router:

interface GigabitEthernet7/48
description *** CME ***
switchport access vlan 8
switchport trunk native vlan 100
switchport trunk allowed vlan 2-5,8,100,101
switchport mode access
switchport nonegotiate
storm-control broadcast level 75.00
spanning-tree portfast trunk

This is from the CME IOS:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0
description $Source Interface$
ip address 10.8.0.2 255.255.252.0
duplex auto
speed auto

Have you always had this dtmf issue or is this a recent development? Is this a new install or existing install? Most providers I've dealt with want RFC 2833 (rtp-nte).

This is an existing install and this has always been an issue. I started here a few months ago and they had an existing employee set this phone up. I am not incredibly familiar with Cisco Voice/IP Phones but I know my way around IOS at beginner/intermediate level. Anyway, I was asked to resolve this issue and I have no idea where to begin.

Hi,

Under Voice  register pool 12

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

voice register global

create profiles

Test a call and let us know 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

You also said you had issues with DTMF in voicemail. Since you are using CME, I'm taking a guess you are using CUE (Cisco Unity Express)? If you are, you'll want to make sure you use dtmf-relay sip-notify on the dial-peer facing the CUE module.

HI,

i am facing same issue. When i am trying to join on conference from "CISCO 8831" it's not accepting my password. but the same is working from sip phones other than 8831.

we are using SIP trunk between PSTN.

SIP working with Early offer

CUCM Software MTP is using in Device pool level.

and "Media Termination Point Required" is enabled on trunk level 

in CUBE " dtmf-relay rtp-nte" is using in Dial-peer level 

Q: Is there anything related with SIP dial rule and KPML. basically 8831 working with which dial rule