cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-8831 phone not registering

davidfranek
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco CP-8831 conference phone and CUCM 9.1. I have added and applied the firmware and related files to CUCM cluster and the system does recognize 8831. I add the phone and the phone is receiving all needed TFTP, CTL information. Phone is coming up "phone not registered" also says "Error DB Config". Active load sip8831.9-3-3-3. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this going?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
32 Replies 32

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

Is auto-registration enabled in call manager ?

if yes, can u to call routing---route plan report and delete unassigned numbers .May be DNs are not available to regsiter this phone.

regds,

aman

Hi,

did u upload the Device pack?

If no, please upload it in call manager from below cisco site and then,update.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284510097&flowid=37562&softwareid=282074299&release=9.1(1.21026)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

regds,

aman

Aman,

I was going to patch system to get to correct 8831 version. I decided to update OS to correct other problems. I had to upgrade to

UCSINSTALL_UCOS_9.1.2.10000-28.sgn, all is working after cluster upgrade.

Hi,

I have CUCM 10.5 and CP 8831. it's saying "phone not registered"

what i need to do to fix the issue.

Thank you!

Hi,

have u configured this manually by entering MAC address or auto -registrationis enabled?

what is the firmware u have for 8831 model?

regds,

aman

Hi,

I have configured it manually with MAC-address entry.

firmware of CISCO 8831 is sip8831.9-3-3-5.

please advise.

Thank you

Rizwan,

I have the same issue, were you able to get the 8831 registered? 

Does anyone know if their is a gui for the phone that can be accessed?  I am remote and I can see the phone in cdp and ping the IP but I don't can't see any of the network information.

CUCM version 10.5.1

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

I have added phone only but it's not registering with error "phone not registered" 

I also need assistance to fix the issue.

Regards,

Hi,

please check the compatibility matrix for device matrix along with 8831 firmware.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/matrix/CMDP_BK_CCBDA741_00_cucm-device-package-compatibility-matrix.pdf

Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 Firmware Release 10.3(1)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Package 10.5(1)(12020-1) introduces support for CiscoUnified IP Conference Phone 8831 for Firmware Release 10.3(1). You must download and install CiscoUnified Communications Manager Device Package 10.5(1)(12020-1) for Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 to function properly.

download Device pack from below site and upload in Call manager server and restart it .

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?i=!y&mdfid=285963825&softwareid=282074299&release=10.5(1.12020)&os=

regds,

aman

Hi,

i have uploaded device pack. phone is registered now.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gr8.

problem got resolved.

can u share show version active from server on which u uploaded Device pack and final 8831 firmware version ?

regds,

aman

admin:show version active 

Active Master Version: 10.5.1.10000-7

Active Version Installed Software Options: 

cmterm-devicepack10.5.1.12020-1.cop

8831 phone version: sip8831.10-3-1-16

thanks for updates.[+5].

please mark the thread as Answered..

regds,

aman

Phone still isn't registering:

Config on switch:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/20
 description Pevely Conference 19023
 switchport access vlan 20
 spanning-tree portfast

Vlan 20 is the voice vlan, the same that all other phones are registered.

All phones are using the same DHCP parameters for that vlan.

CallManager show version active

Active Master Version: 10.5.1.10000-7
Active Version Installed Software Options: 
ciscocm.migrate-export-v1.11.cop
ciscocm.ucmap_platformconfig.cop
cmterm-devicepack10.5.1.12020-1.cop

Again I am not @ the site, I am hoping to have someone available to give me some input on the display, network settings.  I can see from CDP that the phone gets an IP, I can ping the IP from CUCM.  Does this type of phone allow Web Access?

Thanks,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: