cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-8831 phone not registering

davidfranek
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco CP-8831 conference phone and CUCM 9.1. I have added and applied the firmware and related files to CUCM cluster and the system does recognize 8831. I add the phone and the phone is receiving all needed TFTP, CTL information. Phone is coming up "phone not registered" also says "Error DB Config". Active load sip8831.9-3-3-3. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this going?

32 Replies 32

Hello Joe,

I had the same issue a week ago. I tried everything to fix it remotely. Nothing helped. Then I asked local guys to make settings reset on the phone:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8831/9_3_3/english/adminguide/CS38_BK_A8C4AC51_00_adminguide-8831/CS38_BK_A8C4AC51_00_adminguide-8831_chapter_01001.html#CS38_TP_B1750C64_00

It helped. Now both phones are registered.

The 8831 phones have a web interface, but you have to ensure you enable the web-access settings in your cucm.

Thanks

Hi,

I had resolved my issue after uploading device pack. 

i have another issue, after turning on "Cisco Camera" and "Video Capability" option in setting of phone in CUCM, my 9971 phone behave unexpectedly.

when i dial outside then it doesn't makes the call and drop it. rest model phones are working perfect. I just disable both options and it's working normal. 

now to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Rizwan,

please check the link and attached DOC.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11781366/cisco-8945-dialing-out-gets-fast-busy-all-outbound-calls

Hope it helps.

regds,

aman

Please kindly share the downloaded device pack with me. my email is eteng.socrates@gmail.com

anordquist
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same issue.  I have a brand new 8831 and am running:

CUCM 9.1.2.10000-28

I have device pack cmterm-devicepack9.1.2.11013-1.cop installed, but the phone refuses to register.  I also tried restoring to factory settings but no difference. 

Hi Andrew,

Did u reboot the server after uplaoding Device PAckage?

regds,

aman

No, only restarted the TFTP service on each CM

Hi Andrew,

I was referring this

When you apply a Device Package to enable new device support, a cluster-wide reboot is required for those devices to register successfully. A cluster-wide reboot is not required when you apply a Device Package to update existing firmware/configuration

regds,

aman

Then yes, a full cluster reboot was performed when I added the Device Pack to enable new device support.  I also just updated the device firmware using cmterm-8831-sip.9-3-3-5.cop as well (and restarted the TFTP).

Hi ,

can u try installing latest Device pack and check?

cmterm-devicepack9.1.1.21017-2.cop.sgn

regds,

aman

I already have cmterm-devicepack9.1.2.11013-1.cop installed.

Hi Andrew,

I was referring the release notes and that is the reason if u could install latest Device Pack and check.

Firmware Version 9.3(3) for Cisco IP Phone Model 8831

The 9.3(3) firmware image within the installation program supports the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for the following Cisco IP Phone models:

• Cisco IP Phone 8831

This firmware version is supported on Cisco Unified Communication Manager Release 7.1.5, 8.5.1, 8.6.2, 9.1.1 and higher. Latest device pack for these CUCM version should be installed firstly, otherwise, 8831 cannot successfully register to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager!

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074288/99263/cmterm-8831-sip.9-3-3-5-readme.html

regds,

aman

Aman,

I did load the latest firmware referenced (cmterm-8831-sip.9-3-3-5.cop.sgn) on both pub/sub and restarted the TFTP Server on each.  Still no luck.

It looks like the phone received the updated firmware asi can tell from the connected display, but it will not register to CUCM no matter what.  Thanks for the assistance.

Hi Andrew,

Open the TAC case and take their help since Device PAcks are installed in Active PArtition and hence, cannot be uninstalled.

regds,

aman

Hi Andrew,

Have your problem solved now? Did you open TAC case?

I have exactly same issue with the latest device pack cmterm-devicepack7.1.5.36121-2.cop and cmterm-8831-sip.9-3-3-5.cop.sgn. My CM version is 7.1.5. I also get the Error DBConfig during the start up process when the phone is registered.

Please assist how to fix that Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: