Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-8831 ?

budgetcomp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CP-8831-DC-K9 telephone (new& sealed in box) that I purchased from a corporate liquidation.  Will I be able to use it?  Update it, etc?  The serial number is associated with another company and I haven't been able to reach them regarding this phone.

Thanks for any info.

Steve

3 Replies 3

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi there

CP-8831-DC-K9 is the same 8831 with Daisy Chain Kit. How you bought this device doesn’t matter. This device is still not End of Life or End of Sale announced. You can talk to your Cisco AM or Partner and they can add this Device to your contract. Why you need this to be added under your contract just because if this device gets fault you don’t get any support over it.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3

You can definitely use the device, do software upgrades etc and even acquire licenses as those are not binded to the phone, however for the service contract association and support you'll probably have to go through the Cisco Hardware Inspection program

Used and secondary-market equipment is not covered under the Cisco standard warranty. Nor can you place it under a Cisco service and support contract unless it is relicensed by Cisco and has passed our inspection.

More info on the below link:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/hw-sw-relicensing-program.html

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Exactly what do you have in mind?
If you're asking if the 8831 can be integrated with 3rd party (non-Cisco) call control servers, like Asterisk, then the answer is yes.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: