cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco cp 8851 ip phone

yalcinsoft
Level 1
Level 1

hello, I have a cisco 8851 model phone, we want to include it in our exchange, but there is no interface, how can I access its interface, thanks

13 Replies 13

b.winter
VIP
VIP

What do you want to achieve?
A phone is a phone and not an email client. How do you want to include it in your exchange? It has no email/smtp interface.

also there is this error screen cisco enter activation code or service domain

There are hundreds of old post about this "non-error" message.
Do you even know, how Cisco CUCM and phones work?

yalcinsoft
Level 1
Level 1

I want to log in by sip from the phone web interface

What should that mean? And what does this have to do with your exchange server?
A phone needs to register to telephony server via SIP, but for that, you don't need an exchange server and you don't do that via the Web interface of the phone.

so how can i register thanks

IMHO: You should go to a Cisco course first, to learn the basics, or use the info all over the internet an learn it yourself. The forum is not a learning platform, to teach you.

You may be lucky to get support.

what is the purpose of the forum is not to learn or teach something

Everyone on the forums is volunteering their free/personal time to learn and share knowledge; to help one another out. It's not realistic to teach someone an entire knowledge domain from scratch here though. Just as you wouldn't reasonably expect to become a commercial airline pilot by asking "how do I fly an A321 jet" on a community forum intended for pilots.

Each of us was new to this at one point and, within reason, are happy to help with "noob" questions if you're still stuck after studying the topic, searching to see if an answer already exists, and post an informed question with context/detail. In other words, be respectful of others' time.

You've given us hardly any detail to work with though - not even the platform to which you want that IP Phone to register, let alone a specific step that you're getting hung up on or the leg work that you've already done. When asked for clarification you respond with less than one sentence.

Speaking only for myself, I'm about to give up on this thread and stop responding as we seem to be running in circles. I suggest paying a knowledgeable resource, such as the architects/engineers your Cisco reseller likely employs, to discuss this live and guide you further.

I have 8851 ip telphone I am setting up unified communications for the first time I don't know how and where to start I have never used a cisco ip phone before I have never set it up What needs to be done on the unified communications side I don't know how to set up tft my aim is to learn something here not to hear criticism thank you everyone

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the endpoint web interface is read-only it’s likely running the Enterprise firmware intended solely for Cisco call control. You never specified what call control platform you’re using but if 3rd-party the phone needs to be running MPP firmware. Either convert it (not free) or return and order the MPP equivalent SKU.

I assume you are trying to register Cisco phone on teams. if yes search internet and you could find how to do that.

You can access the webpage of phone by entering the IP on browser. If the GUI doesn't give you much option check the firmware of the phone. if its Enterprise versions you need to convert them to MPP.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: