Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-8861 Parking Issue

MattBoone2687
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community,

I have made an auto-provisioning template with the 8861 and 8841 phones and the phone is terrific! I am currently running this loads file sip88xx.11-2-3MSR1-1.loads. I also upgraded to the new 12 firmware but it did not solve my issue. My issue is when I am on a call with a customer and I press the park key it actually starts a new call and parks the call instead of taken the current call and doing a blind transfer. I can indeed hit the ... softkey and hit the blind xfer and then press the park key and it works perfectly. My question is this, is this the way I will need to park or is there a setting under the regional setting that might be able to fix this.

We are using Freeswitch if you need that information.

Thank you in advance 

16 Replies 16

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,
The Park feature in FreeSwitch depends on dialplan logic. The feature implemented by Park & Retrieve dialplan logic is different from the features that the park & valet_park dialplan tools provide. Please read below articles for more details:

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13173503

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_dptools%3A+park

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_valet_parking

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hey I overlooked this post. I do know that the parking different and I am not looking for the valet option.

Thanks for your feedback!

bijpraka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As a softkey you may not have an option. But you can configure a line key to park the call and it should work.

Disable one of the line keys and set this as the extended function and it will work. Substitute $USER and $PROXY with whatever you use with your SP.

fnc=prk;sub=$USER@$PROXY;nme=CallPark

Thanks.

Hi ,

Thank you for your response. So I am using a normal line key, sorry if I was not clear. When I make the function just park the key turns orange and does not function at all

fnc=prk

If I use the function fnc=blf+sd+cp; it will at least open a new line and park a new call.

Anything else you think I could try?

Thanks!

So when you press Blind Txfr and then press the park key, do you dial out a number to park to?

Thanks.

Hey Bij,

If I press blind xfer and then the park line key it works beautifully. I am totally okay with this process, I have a feeling this won't be okay for the end user.

Let me know if this is the way we will have to use the park key or if there is any other setting I can tweak.

Thanks!

I was just wondering what dials out when you press the blind txfr and the call park key.

You will have to use the same url  in the "sub" part of fnc=prk;sub=$USER@$PROXY;nme=CallPark

That should get your problem sorted out.

Thanks.

hey thanks for the constant follow up. This is basically what is going in the key

fnc=prk;sub=*31@sipserver;ext=*31@sipserver;nme=Park 1

That is what is in the key. The key will begin to place the park in parking slot one but its an attended transfer and it does not complete the transfer.

Does that help?

I also tried this as the function blf+sd+xferlx

Thanks!

Ah okay. So you are trying to dial out a star code. So maybe this should work for you:

fnc=sd;ext=*31@sipserver;ext=*31@sipserver;nme=Park

Thanks.

Correction

Use

fnc=sd;ext=*31@sipserver;ext=*31@sipserver;nme=Park

Thanks.

I will give this a try this afternoon and let you know if it works.

Thanks!

Hey Bij,

Those last two changes seem to be identical. I did give that a try but the key goes unregistered. Thank you for all the followups!

Matt

Sorry, I had edited the last post hence they were identical.

So by unregistered do you mean the led was red or pressing the key did nothing?

It would be good if you can capture a PCAP on the phone which might be more helpful.

1 PCAP for the working scenario where you pressed Call Park after Blind Transfer.

Another for pressing the line key with the above mentioned config.

Another thing to get would be the config on the phone. You can download the xml by going to this page: http://ipaddress/admin/cfg.xml

You can send the data to me by PM if you don't want to post them in public.

Thanks.

Hey Bij,

I sent you a direct message but I could not find a way to attach my xml file or my pcap

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: