cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-8945 and speaker phone volume

enieto
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of users who say the speaker phone part does not work well.  When making calls to an outside line they say that the party they call can not hear them when our users use the speaker phone.  They tried calling again, and still, the party on the outside line can not hear our users when using the speakerphone.  When our users make calls to other users on our system, the speaker phone works fine.  Is there some setting that was changed by the user, unwittingly of course, that could cause this?

Thank you

Ernesto

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The most likely issue is an output attenuation problem on your PSTN circuit. Try increasing the attention on your voice port to see if it makes a difference. You must shutdown and then no shutdown the voice-port after each change for it to take effect.

voice-port 0/0/0:23

output-attenuation -3

The more negative the number, the louder it is.

Also be very careful not to break echo cancellation in the process. The ERL needs to be >= 25 for the DSP to perform echo cancellation. Best description on how to deal with this is in Paul Giralt's Troubleshooting IP Telephony book but this tech note covers most of it:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/voice-quality/19640-echo-ipphone-gateway.html

Thank you!

I'm new to all this so I'll test out the phone/port and hopefully things will work out.

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: