Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-8945 wallpaper not loading

langkusno89
Level 1
Level 1

HI Experts,

I was trying to upload my custom wallpaper for all the desk-phones CP-8945 in our office,

what i have been done so far is,

> upload the List.xml and both images (thumbnail and real size of image itself) to Desktops/640x480x24/

> double checked the folder content and the 3 files uploaded (List.xml, imgsml.png & img.png)

i've done conf t as well and write config after that, then reset my desk-phone.

however, once i go to settings>Preferences>Wallpaper, it then only keeps spinning, no extra wallpaper loaded.

my List.xml as below:

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image=”TFTP:Desktops/640x480x24/imgsml.png” URL=”TFTP:Desktops/640x480x24/img.png”/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

what i have missed? would be greatly appreciated if someone can help me on this.

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Make sure you upload the files and list.xml to all cucm servers including TFTP servers.

Make sure you restart TFTP services under unified serviceability for all servers

You may need to restart the phone as well if the above doesn't work 

HI @TomMar1,

Thanks for your reply, 

but as i mentioned on my post, i've ensure the files being uploaded, 

i only have 1 router 2900 with VOIP module.

i've also restarted phone many times, even the router itself, restarted.

Cheers!

So you have Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CME) then?

You can use some of the troubleshooting tips here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/69187-cme-cust-img-7970.html

What does that show you? I.e., What files are being requested by the phone?

Hi Anthony, 

Thanks for your reply and for the troubleshooting link as well,

i have done all that accordingly even before i started this thread.

hence why i need an expertise here, as i've been there, and saw no way out,

just a bit of further info (which i found strange) of what i have done,

> out of curiosity, i tried by removing the List.xml file from the tftp-server, just to see whether the tftp responding, which it does. once the file removed, and when i go to the phone to check its wallpaper, it was pop up with an error "Unable to obtain additional wallpapers from server", but when i copy the List.xml back to the tftp and set it via conf t, it obviously pickup the List.xml and tries to execute it, but again back to the problem, which just stays spinning, tries to loads something, but nothing seems to be loaded/preview.

Please see the attached.

Hi everyone

Did you find this solution for this case?

I have a problem like this.

Call Manager Cmv14 and unfortunately, I can not upload any pictures over TFTP.
I did for CIPC but 8945 is not working. 

Best regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: