Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP7821 registration issue

network.sdsla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am facing a issue with a Cisco CP7821 to register on a VG running Call Manager with SIP protocol.

The phone is tryng to use a IP 192.168.10.3 but this ip is not in our range and not configured on VG to deliver this config through CDP.

<String name="UnifiedCMIPAddress">192.168.10.3</String>

<String name="LocalPort">50015</String>

<String name="TimeStamp">1483958827601</String>

<Enum name="ReasonForOutOfService">22</Enum>

Anyone had the same issue?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

ReasonForOutOfService=22   --  TCPclosedUcmInitiatedReset - The device closed the TCP connection due to a reset command from the Cisco Unified CM

What CUCm version are you running

Is the issue with one phone or more

Do you have other 7821 working?

JB

Hi Bhndari,

CME Version 10.5

Only one phone is facing this issue, I have more 7821 working. I just installed 10 but 1 got that. We did factory reset many times but it did not worked.

Thanks

Hi, 

Can you please post the output of status messages of  IP Phone.

Also verify if the IP phone is receiving an invalid TFTP address from the DHCP server.

A test you can do, is to manually configure the IPV4 section on the IP phone, defining the correct tftp server address.

Please let me know

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try to remove itl file from phone or factory reset it once to check.

Suresh

I'm having the exact same issue but with 7841's.  All brand new phones. Some phones will register and some will get rejected. When I view the phone logs of the rejected phones I noticed the following: UnifiedCMIPAddress">192.168.20.3 (we use the class A private range 10.X.X.X)
ReasonForOutOfService">24
Is this Cisco's Test CUCM IP and the flash on these phones have not been properly erased?  Could someone please confirm as I have over 1400 phones and this will be a nightmare to erase ITL file manually. Thanks.