cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP8800 series ip phone access web interface.

Bryan Tintes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Recently purchased a Cisco CP-8861 IP phone that was advertised as specifically designed for 3rd party call control. I started up the phone and it automatically went to an expressway sign-in app. I was able to locate the IP address of the phone and tried accessing the web interface by simply typing in the ip address as typically done with other models. While the phone responds to pings it refuses any connection attempt using it's ip address.

I've looked at all the documentation online numerous times and while I've found several others with the same question I haven't found any answers. I'm wondering if it has to do with upgrading the firmware? If so, can it be done without use of CUCM? I see that a TFTP server might help but I want to make sure that's the issue before doing the upgrade.

My current firmware is sip88xx.10-3-1-20

I really hope there is something simple that I'm overlooking!

34 Replies 34

Well, not really sure what happened but it works now. I attached a SPA504G to the system and got that running without issue. Used the same credentials and my CP8861 connected.

Thanks for all your help!

- Bryan

Happy to hear it's now working, Bryan. 

Can you please attach the working config so others can use that as a base to their deployment? 

Here it is.

bmedina01
Level 1
Level 1

Would it be possible to get more in depth with SSHing into the CP-8861? I'm trying to use putty and none of the suggested user/pass combos are working. Also the steps to send the actual config file to the phone once SSHed in. Should I be using a TFTP client instead? A little new at this stuff and as much description would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Would it be possible to get more in depth with SSHing into the CP-8861?

Yes it is possible.  

Now let's presume the SSH credentials is "cisco/cisco".  So when you open SSH, enter "cisco/cisco".  The phone will then ask for the "level" in form of another set of username/password combo.  Enter "debug/debug".  

Don't forget to rate our useful posts.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: