Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUBE Receive SIP 183 without SDP

patcbr600
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Hi have a ISR CUBE connected with a sip trunk to a SIP provider, i have same problems with ring back because in same call i reveice the 180 ringing and the calling receives ring back, but in other calls i only receive a session progress 183 without an SDP body, in this conditions who should provide the ring back, can i make the CUBE provide ring back tone in this situation ?

Thanks

patcbr600

5 Replies 5

Zhiping Cai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Patcbr600,

This condition is contributed by early ACM on SS7 Network side, then the gateway (or Call Agent) generates 183 w/o SDP. Normally it is followed by 183 w SDP or/and 180 (if called party available), thus calling party can hear the ringback tone.

Please refer to RFC 3398 7.2.5 Early ACM received.

Unfortunately till now there is no easy way (like CLI) to make CUBE provide ringback tone for this situation. However it can be achieved by TCL script on CUBE, like modify the 183 w/o SDP to 180 ringing.

FYI: TCL IVR API Version 2.0 Programming Guide http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/tcl/developer/guide/tclivrv2.html

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Robin

rad_baver
Level 1
Level 1

Pat:

Just in case investigate this:

Rad baver

djbuechner_2
Level 1
Level 1

Were you ever able to fix this problem?  I'm seeing the same issue with SIP trunks from bandwidth.com.

Thanks!

David

Hi,

By default, Cisco Unified Communications Manager  will signal the calling phone to play local ringback if SDP is not  received in the 180 or 183 response. If SDP is included in the 180 or  183 response, instead of playing ringback locally, Cisco Unified  Communications Manager will connect media, and the calling phone will  play whatever the called device is sending (such as ringback or busy  signal).

So in your case if your ITSP is sending 183 without SDP, then CUCM should play ringbaclk locally...

Can you send your config...and a debug ccsip messages

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

aokanlawon,

We've managed to solve the problem by upgrading the code on the CUBE.

Thanks!

David