Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUC 10.X Voicemail internal external records

Zaher Juha
Level 1
Level 1

Fellows

Is there any way to change the voicemail message between internal and external callers

like if someone called from outside to an AutoAttendant then dialed extension 444, 444 didn't answered then the caller will hear a voicemail message asking him to record a message

This voicemail message, is it possible to change it between internal and external callers

voicemail message will be different if someone called from inside

Is it possible ?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes - you can configure the greeting settings on the mailbox page. Enable the 'internal' greeting and record the message for it. External users will hear the 'standard' greeting.

'Internal' users are Unity subscribers, so if someone is 'internal' and does not have a Unity mailbox then they are seen as 'external'.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron,

This should be done for each user Individually ?

Each user would typically record their own greeting, so yes.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

It seems that the internal greeting is not working at all

only the standard greeting will be played when no answer

I uploaded two different messages one for standard and one for internal

When i call internal and external only the standard greeting will be played

?

Thanks Aaron for help

Hi

On edit/greetings, have you checked the tick box next to 'internal' and saved it to activate the greeting?

Aaron

Yes i did, but i just noticed something here

if i called my self i'll hear the internal greeting

like my extension 450 if i called 450 from my extension i'll hear the internal greeting but if i call it from another extension i'll hear the standard greeting

?

Is the extension on the other phone a Unity subscriber? i.e. if you press messages, does it ask you for a PIN, or play the opening greeting?

Hi Aaron,

Yes it will asks for PIN

The Extension i'm testing on, it has voicemail, even that only the standard greeting is active not the internal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: