cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM 10.5.2 SIP trunk to Rauland Telecenter Campus - 6921 phone works, but not 7900's

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I'am running into a very interesting issue here.  The client has a Rauland Telecenter Campus system.  We set up a SIP trunk to there controller for paging into classroom speakers.  I can successfully dial a speak from the Cisco 7942/7962, or 7911 phones.  However when I talk after the speaker picks up, I need to greatly increase the sound of my voice for the speak to broadcast my voice, when I speak normally it doesnt work.  The strange thing is when I use IP Communicator or a test 6921 phone that I brought with me, it works fine.  I dont need to increase my voice.  Has anyone faced this issue?  Thanks

Jason

8 Replies 8

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

do they all use the same codec when calling into your paging system? so the phones as well as your Jabber client?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Dennis,

Yes the RTP streams from both phones types(6921 and 7911) are G.711, havent checked out the IP Communicator streams yet to see if they are RTP.

Jason

Well they would always be RTP.  all voice is RTP

Maybe try G729 as the codec. (long shot). If your far end supportsit.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

JaredDeJong
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with this issue as well. Were you able to find a solution?

Jared,

Sorry for the late delay.  The issue was on the Rauland side.  They had to increase the sensitivity of the Rauland System to see that the voice was being spoke into the phone.   So when I spoke lower into the Cisco phone it would trigger a broadcast to the Rauland speaker.

Hello Currently installing a Rauland TCU do you have any sample screenshots of the config on the Cisco side ? to build the truck to communicate properly ?

Were you able to get your TCU and Rauland to work together?  I think this may be one of our summer projects to look at.

Thanks,

Rod

clyded
Level 1
Level 1

We are having the same issue, and raising the volume helped some.  It did not fix the issue.