Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM H323 Multiple Gateways

inaiate87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to use multiple gateways, in my case two, in a cisco cucm h323 environment?

I have the task of adding 6 bri lines to my central site and I only have one gateway, so i want to add another one, but i have doubts if this is possible, and if it is, how this would be done in terms of how the calls would be forwarded to the ports in the two gateways.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

As already suggested here above (+5 S.), you can use "circular" algorithm on Route Group Configuration on CUCM to select both gateways in a sort of "round robin" method .

On both voice you should configure a number of outgoing dialpeers at least equal to the number of BRIs you are going to use on your VG.

And also you can change the dial-peer hunt behaviour (by default is 0: Longest match in phone number, explicit preference, random selection) to 1 which is :

Longest match in phone number, explicit preference, least recent use

In this way you can balance calls through all your active ISDN b-channels.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you elaborate on how you want to set this up? You could just add both routers as h323 gateways to the CUCM and then put them both into separate route groups under 1 route list. You can choose the algorithm used to choose the line within the route group.

Hi.

As already suggested here above (+5 S.), you can use "circular" algorithm on Route Group Configuration on CUCM to select both gateways in a sort of "round robin" method .

On both voice you should configure a number of outgoing dialpeers at least equal to the number of BRIs you are going to use on your VG.

And also you can change the dial-peer hunt behaviour (by default is 0: Longest match in phone number, explicit preference, random selection) to 1 which is :

Longest match in phone number, explicit preference, least recent use

In this way you can balance calls through all your active ISDN b-channels.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thank you guys. I will set up a lab and make the proper tests.

Thank you so much

I attached a simple design of what I want to do. I want the calls to be balanced between the two gateways, i.e., call 1 goes to gateway1, then the next call goes to gateway2, next call gateway 1, and so on.

Thanks in advance

Carlo has covered this in his post. Put both gateways under 1 route group, and set the Algorithm to circular. This will do a round robin setup of calls as per your requirement.