cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM Security password required for CUCM rehost ?

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

We have cisco CUCM 6.1 running on MCS server(Pub/Sub).

We are moving to VMWare. Problem is we dont existing CUCM DB security Password.

First we will use middle standby server to rehost and migrate to 8.x before moving into VMWare.

Unfortunately we dont know the existing CUCM cluster Security password.

Is it required to be same on new server? We are taking CUCM backup from old MCS server and restoring it on new server.

In new server, if I use different security password while installing CUCM, during restore will it be any error ? Does this Security password should match on both old and new CUCM server ?

Rgds

Rajesh

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

No the cluster security on the new cluster does not need to be the same on the old cluster...

What you must ensure are

1. Version is the same

2. Hostname, Ip address

Here are the details from cisco DRS guide

Before you restore Cisco Unified Communications Manager, ensure that the Cisco Unified Communications Manager version that is installed on the server matches the version of the backup file that you want to restore. The Disaster Recovery System supports only matching versions of Cisco Unified Communications Manager for restore. For example, the Disaster Recovery System does not allow a restore from version 6.1.(1).1000-1 to version 6.1(2).1000-1, or from version 6.1.(2).1000-1 to version 6.1(2).1000-2.

Caution Before you restore Cisco Unified Communications Manager, ensure that the hostname, IP address, and deployment type of the restore matches the hostname, IP address and deployment type of the backup file that you want to restore. DRS does not restore across different hostnames, IP addresses and deployment types.

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rajesh,

Well.....it would help if I could read wouldn't it My BAD!

You should be good to go with the upgrade as all 6.1.3 versions are supported.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

No the cluster security on the new cluster does not need to be the same on the old cluster...

What you must ensure are

1. Version is the same

2. Hostname, Ip address

Here are the details from cisco DRS guide

Before you restore Cisco Unified Communications Manager, ensure that the Cisco Unified Communications Manager version that is installed on the server matches the version of the backup file that you want to restore. The Disaster Recovery System supports only matching versions of Cisco Unified Communications Manager for restore. For example, the Disaster Recovery System does not allow a restore from version 6.1.(1).1000-1 to version 6.1(2).1000-1, or from version 6.1.(2).1000-1 to version 6.1(2).1000-2.

Caution Before you restore Cisco Unified Communications Manager, ensure that the hostname, IP address, and deployment type of the restore matches the hostname, IP address and deployment type of the backup file that you want to restore. DRS does not restore across different hostnames, IP addresses and deployment types.

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ok, Thanks a lot, so the Security password need not be same for old and new CUCM.

We will be installing same CUCM version on new server, then restore and afterwards upgrade to verion 8.x

In old existing CUCM(6.1) DNS is not enabled. But in new server we want to enble DNS. Is this will be issue while restore backup ?

Same for NTP also.

Waiting for your response.

Rgds

Rajesh

No, the caution note already posted, explains what needs to be matched for the restore to be successful

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This may be an issue as the hostname of the server will change once you enable DNS. I suggest you keep the setting as the same as the old server and when you finish the restore, you can then enable DNS. NTP may not be an issue

Hi

We have CUCM version 6.1.3.3202-1

This version is seems like Engineering Special(ES)

Installation media what I have is 6.1.3.3198-1, may be this CUCM upgraded afterwards.

For re-build this server, we dont have bootable CUCM version 6.1.3.3202-1.

But we have bootable only for CUCM version 6.1.3.3198-1. Will restore work between these versions?

In Cisco CCO access, there is no provision to download CUCM version 6.1.3.3202-1. This is very surprise....!

Also we are upgradaing CUCM version 6.1.3.3202-1 to version 8.x

Also in CUCM upgrade path, there is no CUCM version 6.1.3.3202-1 mentioned...! I can see all other versions but not this version.

Pls. clarify.

Rgds

Rajesh

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rajesh,

I'll just add a note to the great tips you've received so far from Deji and Java

both get my 5 point vote for their work here

The DRS backup to restore "must" be to the exact version including

ES's.

The version you need is listed under the Engineering Specials section in

the path listed below. I just found it there a minute ago

Unified Communications Manager / Cisco Unity Connection Updates-6.1(3.3201.1)

Cheers!

Rob

Hi

As you mentioned, I found in Cisco site "CUCM version 6.1.3.3201-1" but not CUCM version 6.1.3.3202-1

Customer existing CUCM version is CUCM version 6.1.3.3202-1

We have opened TAC case and TAC published CUCM version 6.1.3.3202-1, I started downloading it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr1.pdf

In this document, it is also not mentioned this version is compatibile to upgrade to 8.0

Hope it supported upgrade from CUCM version 6.1.3.3202-1 to 8.0.x

Rgds

Rajesh Kumar

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rajesh,

Well.....it would help if I could read wouldn't it My BAD!

You should be good to go with the upgrade as all 6.1.3 versions are supported.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: