Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUSP EOL Solution/Work around

johngalek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We currently have 2- Cisco CUSP 10.2 and we have notification that the product is EOL with no replacement. Does anyone have a work around to remove the CUSP or equipment to replace the CUSP?  Let me know if you have any questions. I sent config to TAC and they pointed me to Sales support. Any direction would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It would help to know how you are you using CUSP. I have heard several folks evaluating Kamailio.

korkiatcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same situation as you John.

but I plan to just removing the CUSP out of the solution and bypass from CUBE to CVP or CUCM and let the CUBE balance by their config.

We are doing this also (loved SIP Proxy), basically add the CUBEs and CVPs directly in OAMP-SPOG(PCCE), update the routes, the CPS on our CUBEs and SIP Proxies was low enough for this to make sense as a viable option

Andreas Stuber
Level 4
Level 4

We use opensips.org as a replacement, and generally use it to handle failover/ redundancy before calls land on CUBE.

Marco Mouta
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You may find this information useful:

"Cisco recommends OracleĀ® Communication Session Router, version SCZ9.1.0 GA (Build 46) or later. However, you can also choose to deploy any third-party SIP proxy that suits your requirement." in Contact Center Enterprise Solution Compatibility Matrix Release 12 5 

Additionally you can learn more about the Deployment of Oracle Session Router with CCE in Cisco's Deployment guide:
Deployment Of OracleĀ® Enterprise Session Router SIP Proxy in Contact Center Enterprise Solution

Oracle Communications in collaboration with Cisco will be hosting a Live Webinar on Nov 30th on this topic, you can register here:
Seamlessly Transition from Cisco Unified SIP Proxy (CUSP) to Oracle Communications
Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Marco Mouta

Oracle Communications WW Alliances & Technology Partnerships Director