cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DX 70 phone

Tesfaye41175
Level 1
Level 1

Our company has cisco DX 70 phone. We wanted to make calls to traditional phones. Can DX 70 phones support this feature like other IP phones.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Either can call the PSTN, again, assuming all the proper configuration for PSTN calls is in place.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly what do you mean by "traditional phones" and what would be the call flow?

HTH

java

I mean PSTN phones that are not IP phones or I wanted to make outside calls, now we can make inside calls based on IP.

You can use any Cisco IP Phone to make calls to the PSTN, assuming the configuration in CUCM and the GW/CUBE is there to make that happen.

HTH

java

Thank you for your response, can it also calls to PSTN even when I upgraded to CE software now it is in android version.

Either can call the PSTN, again, assuming all the proper configuration for PSTN calls is in place.

HTH

java

Yes CE code is the OS that is recommended, even if the DX70 is End of Sale. In tests I have a DX70 that calls via CUCM today.

Response Signature

If the DX70 is registered to Communication Manager then yes it can place calls like a normal Cisco IP Phone can, and it can call a normal IP phone.
If its registered to Webex Cloud then you need to look at Webex Device Connector to call out using Communications Manager.
Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: