Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DX650 unable to boot without factory reset

WashFamily02
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with a DX650 phone.  If I perform a factory reset on the phone it will boot and register just fine. The problem is if I reboot the phone after that it will just sit on the "cisco screen" loading. I left it over night and came back and it was still sitting on that screen.

Stuck hereStuck here

If I perform a hard reset on the phone it will boot and register like it should. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What's the firmware version of the DX650?

Are there any other DX650 phone with this firmware being affected?

Could you try upgrading the firmware of the phone to the latest one available?

If a firmware upgrade doesn't work, please try a different switchport where there is a known working phone.

Regards, Jaime.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

What's the firmware version of the DX650?

Are there any other DX650 phone with this firmware being affected?

Could you try upgrading the firmware of the phone to the latest one available?

If a firmware upgrade doesn't work, please try a different switchport where there is a known working phone.

Regards, Jaime.

Thanks for the quick reply. The active load is sipdx650.10-1-2-33

This is the only DX650 ion our environment. I'm already using a known good phone switchport.

I will see if I can find a new firmware and load it.

Hi there

May be hitting this CSCut64717 (Setting not responding after reboot). Please go ahead and upgrade the firmware of the device.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

So, the device doesn't appear to be taking the firmware. I've downloaded the latest firmware and uploaded it through OS admin, restarted the TFTP service and saved it as the default load for the device, After a reboot the device didn't boot (as usual) so I initiated the hard reset process. The phone booted and loaded its profile and then when I sent into the settings it said it was downloaded the firmware. It finished and did nothing... I thought maybe I needed to reboot the phone. now If I reboot the phone it comes up to the PIN screen, and after a few seconds the screen goes to black, then goes back to the PIN screen. Then the phone runs fine but it's still showing the old load.

Hello Wash,

Did you install the firmware in all the TFTP running nodes?

Did you install the firmware with a COP file, or uploading all the upgrade files into the TFTP manually?

You might want to try this procedure if it doesn't work properly through CUCM. here https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200582-Update-Cisco-IP-Phone-Firmware-through-T.html

If the firmware upgrade is still not possible you might want an RMA on that particular phone.

Regards, Jaime.

I uploaded a cop file to both our publisher and subscriber servers from the CU os administration GUI using FTP