cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Emergency Responder

jszapipes
Level 1
Level 1

Since upgrading to CER 7.1.1.20000-1 it is no longer identifying phones after running switch-port/phone update. I see all my switches and ports are in the correct ERL. SNMP strings are correct for Call Manager and CER, i can ping Call Manager from CER and vice-versa. When I run a search if LAN switch details i see everything except phone extension and when I search for phones CER reports "no matches". Am i missing something? Any help is appreciated.

JP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lakshmi Adapala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

CER uses snmp to discover registered phone details from callmanager and also snmp with switches to get all cdp data. If you are seeing the switch ports but not phones, could be that it is unable to discover any phones from callmanager, can you check to see if snmp is enabled and running on callmanager servers, the community string and if it is accepting from CER hosts ?

Also what is the CUCM version you are using ? Are all your 911 CTI route points registered in callmanager ? When you have upgraded your CER, was your CUCM upgraded as well

Thanks,

Lakshmi

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Lakshmi Adapala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

CER uses snmp to discover registered phone details from callmanager and also snmp with switches to get all cdp data. If you are seeing the switch ports but not phones, could be that it is unable to discover any phones from callmanager, can you check to see if snmp is enabled and running on callmanager servers, the community string and if it is accepting from CER hosts ?

Also what is the CUCM version you are using ? Are all your 911 CTI route points registered in callmanager ? When you have upgraded your CER, was your CUCM upgraded as well

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Lakshmi is post on here.  Another way to check if CER can reach your call managers using SNMP is to go to Phone Tracking > Cisco Unified Communications Manager.  Select the call manager from the link at the bottom of the page, then click on Cisco Unified Communications Manager List link, you should see all of your CUCM servers, if not you have an SNMP problem between any CUCM servers that do not show up there.

Since I have a pub and sub setup should i see both CM's from CER

or should i see just the sub, and the pub listed as backup?

I did just enable snmp on both call managers and strings are all the same. I have ran phone tracking twice, but still not seeing any phones yet. CUCM was upgraded the same time CER was. All 911 CTI points are registered with call manager.

The list at the bottom of the Phone Tracking > Cisco Unified Communications Manager page will only show the publisher or one server, but the Communications Manager List link needs to show all CUCM servers that have phones registered to them (which is checked using SNMP).

After enabling snmp on both CM's, CER is now reporting phones. Patience is not a virtue of which I am encumbered by. Thanks for the assistance!

JP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: