Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Enterprise Attendant Console External Directory

aijazbeigh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have got our AD integrated to our CUCM 8.x. Now we are deploying Cisco Enterprise attendant console. Attendant console is getting directory information from AD for internal contacts.

Now my organisation is looking to add external contacts to the directory. Is there any way to add one more directory into Attendant console in which we can store the external contact details.

Or if there is any way to add them directly to the console.

Regards

Aijaz

4 Replies 4

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

The Cisco rebranded ARC consoles only support getting directory info from CUCM via AXL.  Arc does offer two additional consoles (not through Cisco), that have additional capabilities that can lash into other things like databases.

With the Cisco product, you're limited to adding the external folks into AD, or adding them as speeddials on the console.  There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for the clarification. Do we need to just buy the user/operator licenses for ARC or there is separate basic software license also required. 

My understanding is that you simply by the console/user licenses.

The installation comes with SQL 2008 Express version, but depending on how you scale it, you *may* need to upgrade this to SQL2008 Standard or above.  You have to bring your own operating system and platform to run it on.

The documentation is in the package.  You can download the package and set it up in your lab and run on the 5 day eval, or register for a 60 day non extendable eval license.  Go to:   http://cisco-ac.arcsolutions.com/UserWebSite/cisco/ciscodefault.aspx All the documentation is in the download.  Download size is approx. 500 meg.

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for the help. I have got 60 eval running. I was in same opinion as there does not appear any option in Cisco DCT other than licenses.

So I would go for only user licenses.

Once again thanks for you help. I really Appreciate it

Regards

Aijaz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: