Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco eToken loading problem

AlexandrGogu
Level 1
Level 1

hi all.

Please advise me. I have CUCM 8.6 and two eTokens. I use Cisco CTL client for Windows 7, Windows XP. But  Cisco CTL Client doesn't see eTokens. Looked for a warnyng message in file attached.

Also if i use SafeNet Authentication Clien I see this eToken and I cat initialized it and do a bunch of another stuff. So what's the problem? Please help me.

10 Replies 10

Ohhh, I'm going to buy the Cisco eTokens soon. It will be interesting to see the solution for the problem.

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alexandr,

I would suggest trying a different PC/laptop and install CTL client on it. See if that helps because I've seen that being the problem on some occassions. Also, take a look at the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/security/8_5_1/secugd/secuauth.html#wp1169349

Important Installation Note for CTL Client 5.0 Plug-In

If you are upgrading to the CTL Client 5.0 or 5.2 plug-in, you first  need to remove eToken Run Time Environment 3.00 by performing the  following steps:

Procedure

Step 1 Download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility at the following URL:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Step 2 Install the utility on your PC.

Step 3 Run the utility.

Step 4 Find eToken rte3.0 in the list of programs and remove it.

Step 5 Proceed with CTL Client installation.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Yaroslav1
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem too!! Please, help.

AlexandrGogu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Thanks all for trying to help!

harmsing, I have already install Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, but in Windows 7 it doesn't see eToken rte3.0.

Hi Alexandr,

A few more things worth looking into:

++     Are you using the CTL client for UCM 8.6 or some other version? What version of CTL client?

++     Go to Start->Programs->eToken->eToken Properties and check if you can see any eToken picture in the left pane. If you don't, the eToken driver was probably not installed correctly. You will need to uninstall the CTL Client and install again.

++     How about trying to install CTL client from current UCM version you are using onto a 32-bit Windows XP machine to see if that helps?

++     If the above fails, can you please replicate the issue and provide the CTL Client logs. They are usually under c:\program files\Cisco\CTL Client\Trace.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Go to Start->Programs->eToken->eToken Properties and check if  you can see any eToken picture in the left pane. If you don't, the  eToken driver was probably not installed correctly. You will need to uninstall the CTL Client and install again.

++     Are you using the CTL client for UCM 8.6 or some other version? What version of CTL client?

I am using CLT Client downloaded from my CUCM server. v 5.0

++     Go to Start->Programs->eToken->eToken Properties and check if you can see any eToken picture in the left pane. If you don't, the eToken driver was probably not installed correctly. You will need to uninstall the CTL Client and install again.

I have already reinstall agent .

++     How about trying to install CTL client from current UCM version you are using onto a 32-bit Windows XP machine to see if that helps?

++     If the above fails, can you please replicate the issue and provide the CTL Client logs. They are usually under c:\program files\Cisco\CTL Client\Trace.

Ther is only bin folder in c:\program files\Cisco\CTL Client\ and there are no any files looking like logs.

I think that problem in eTokens not in PC/laptop or client. How can I check it?

Hi Alexandr,

Without CTL client logs, its difficult to conclude. Having said that, I would suggest raising a RMA by opening a TAC case for new etokens to be sent. I'm pretty sure that should take care of this issue.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Hi all!

Under Windows 7 x64 I had finely found CLT logs. Ther are some errore messages:

12/04/12 15:16:28:EnvelopeWriter:No key(s) / certificate(s) was found for this token.

12/04/12 15:16:28:EnvelopeWriter:Reader Name = AKS ifdh 1

12/04/12 15:16:28:EnvelopeWriter:Card/Token Name = ActivIdentity ActivClient (ActivIdentity ActivKey Display)

12/04/12 15:16:28:EnvelopeWriter:Max RSA Signature Key Len = 2048

12/04/12 15:16:28:EnvelopeWriter:Max RSA Exchange Key Len = 2048

12/04/12 15:16:28:EnvelopeWriter:::CryptGetProvParam failed, error code = 4199200-21464350594199415

12/04/12 15:16:28:EnvelopeWriter:No key(s) / certificate(s) was found for this token.

Thanks.

Hi Alexandr,

Glad to know you found the logs. It's what I suspected. Please raise a TAC case to have the etokens RMA'd. That should take care of the issue.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Log's ware onle in x64 system. That is kind of strainge. Thank you, i'll create a case on TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: