Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco EX90 and Jabber

Andrew Walles
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to for the Cisco Jabber for Windos client to control the phone with the Cisco EX90 unit?

I would like to deploy the EX90 as a desktop video device and use the display as my desktop screen whilst connected to my PC. On my PC I would like to operate Cisco Jabber for Windows and control the phone of the EX90 so that when I call contacts from my Jabber client my call is made from the handset and not the Jabber softphone.

Thanks

Andy

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

5 Replies 5

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I am not mistaken TE6 will introduce CTI integration with clients like Jabber. Also covered here

https://communities.cisco.com/message/94109#94109

**message from the Moderator: please not that this URL is accessible only to Cisco Partners**

Thanks

Srini

Message was edited by: Kelli Glass

Hi

I have just ran this on our Demo kit.  Very nice, worked like a dream

EX90 (TE6) Controlled by J4W Client (v9.0.4)

We'll be pushing forward with this upgrade to our EX90 estate asap

John Mc

Hi John,

Just to clarify you are running a EX90 TE6 code and you can control the EX90 phone with Jabber for Windows version 9.0.4?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

Yes, we tested running an EX90 TE6 code and you can control the EX90 phone with Jabber for Windows version 9.0.4.

We're at the front of all this TP & Jabber Tech with Cisco and I was looking forward to seeing this in action.  I was not dissapointed.

Regards

John Mc

hi

Do you have a video demonstration ?

I would like to see the result before I order

Regards

philippe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: