cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expansion Module 7916

ronaldbright
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with the 7916 expansion module on a Cisco 7965 phone.  The sidecar loads properly (wilt all the configured extensions) and the page 1 & 2 buttons on the bottom luminate correctly.  However, the side LED buttons do not light when a line is in use.  I can press an extension and it calls correctly but only briefly flickers green then does not light.  I have switched sidecar, power supply and phone as well as looked at the configuration setting in CM.  Any config/solution someone has come across that they may be able to help with?  Thanks in advance for any information.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you using the default presence groups or subscribe css's?   If you made changes here, the phone may not have the privileges to see if the line is in use if I recall correctly.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi.

Did you configure 7916 buttons as BLF and not as simple speed dials?

Let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

They are configured as BLF.  Still have had no luck, we opened a ticket with Cisco but no results yet.  If you have any other ideas I am more than willing to give them a go.  Otherwise, I will post the result from Cisco later.

Thanks for the response!

Hi Ronald.

Did you try to configure one of 7965 button as BLF speed dial?

Did it work?

Which version of CUCM are you running?

Which firmware 7965 is running?

Let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks for your assistance, see the above reference to the correct answer by Brandon Pierce.

Are you using the default presence groups or subscribe css's?   If you made changes here, the phone may not have the privileges to see if the line is in use if I recall correctly.

Bravo Sir!

Glad we could help.  Figured it was something simple as this feature either works or it doesn't based on those settings alone.

ronaldbright
Level 1
Level 1

Brandon Pierce,

That was it, thank you so much for your help!