Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Extension Mobility Default Device Profile

148west
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

i have a question regarding default device profile. as per cisco documentation (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsem.html#wp1409104) "You can configure a default device profile for  each Cisco Unified IP Phone that you want to support Cisco Extension  Mobility. The phone takes on the default device profile whenever a user  logs in to a phone for which that user does not have a user device  profile."  i have a user who doesnot have a device profile and logged into cipc getting error "Login is unavailable (205)", as per this documentation (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmfeat/fsemcc.html) User profile is absent, Occurs when the user profile information could not be retrieved either from the cache or from the database.

my question is i cannot login to extension mobility without user device profile. as per cisco documentation above i should be able to and since there is no user device profile, the default device profile (7940) should be used.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think you're getting this wrong.

Each and every user you want to use EM needs to have a EM UDP. When you create the UDP you bind it to a certain phone model.

If you log into a matching physical phone which has the same phone model as your UDP, you get all the config and functionality you've done.

If you want to log into any other phone model which is not the same as your UDP, then you need to create EM default device profiles for that phone model so you can configure the basic layout you want the user to have (lines/speed dials, etc).

But simply put, if a user doesn't have a UDP he cannot use EM.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

148west
Level 1
Level 1

anybody ??

I think you're getting this wrong.

Each and every user you want to use EM needs to have a EM UDP. When you create the UDP you bind it to a certain phone model.

If you log into a matching physical phone which has the same phone model as your UDP, you get all the config and functionality you've done.

If you want to log into any other phone model which is not the same as your UDP, then you need to create EM default device profiles for that phone model so you can configure the basic layout you want the user to have (lines/speed dials, etc).

But simply put, if a user doesn't have a UDP he cannot use EM.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks for clearing my confusion. it totally make sense now.