Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco fxo incoming call without plar

Dear Team,

lab design.jpg

i'm trying to configure sip phone with PSTN. i'm new user for voip. my hand on lab is below devices.

cisco  CISCO2911/K9 ( Voice Router )

CUCM 11.5 

soft phone x 2 registered at CUCM.

as per check. outgoing call is ok but when i called to internal extension number from outside, can't go to extension. 

i can't find called ID. i found only calling id. 

please help to advice on it. 

5 Replies 5

You need to use plar on the FXO port. If you need direct dealing you need a PRI or SIP trunk from ISP with DID's.

Response Signature

noted. you mean, can't call route from Fxo port  to IP phone ( cucm) without plar ? 

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

you can also use an E&M connection from the telco but you would also need specific interfaces for this.

in summary, you cant do what you are trying to do with what you have.

actually, our planning fxo post will connect to PSTN link ( telco). but when i test i'm trying to with plar to call route to ip phone extension, when i check debug, i can't find called id. 

when i test plar with can call route ip phone extension ( just one number )

i wanna be test. 

like as below . 

1. when i called from outside to inside ip phone extension. i wanna be ring extension 2001 and 2002 also. 

2. when i called from outside to inside ip phone extension. calling number can call to direct extension, need to press extension number. 

please help to advice this also. 

i can't find called id.:- Some ISP send the caller-ID along with the ring or may be after one or two rings. So you need to find out when ISP send the caller-ID. And accordingly you need to increase the FXO ring number. IN my region ISP send the caller-ID after first ring. so i always use  ring number 3 under FXO port.

Second thing about the caller-ID Some ISP send caller-ID if subscribed.So you also need to check with ISP if they send the caller-ID on your analogue line. you can also check this by connecting a analogue phone which a caller-ID option.

like as below .

1. when i called from outside to inside ip phone extension. i wanna be ring extension 2001 and 2002 also. Configure hunt group with 2000 as pilot number and add 2001 and 2002 as member's of this Hunt. On FXO port configure connection plar 2000

2. when i called from outside to inside ip phone extension. calling number can call to direct extension, need to press extension number.You need a Auto Attend  system to do that. Which give you a IVR menu option to dial the extensions. You can use Unity Connection or Unity express to achieve this.

Response Signature