Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco headset 561 auto answer disable

ggr.support
Level 1
Level 1

Dears, 

We have recently purchased fee headsets for our customers. The issue us that the incoming calls are answered automatically when the user remove the headset from it's base. It impacting the caller experience. So is there anyway that I can disable this feature and only answer when the user manually accept or press the answer button . How to disable the autoanswer while remove it from the base unit.

Cucm 12.0

6 Replies 6

silvervoip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Please check this;

Device --> Phone and find desired device/phone

Once phone comes up, click on extension number and you will see Auto Answer options.

//Please always rate helpful comments//

Thanks for your response.  The auto-answer is already off.

This is a feature in Cisco 561 with a standard base from the firmware release 1.0(2). I am looking for any option to disable this feature.

As per the 561 standard base firmware 1.0(2) release document,

-------------------------

Enhanced Standard Base Functionality

You can answer and end calls when you lift and set down your Cisco Headset 561 and 562 on the Standard Base.

------------------

Now I want to disable answering the call when the user lifts the headset from its base. I want the users to manually press the answer key to answer the call.

Any option to do that.

Regards,

Shalid

dennisleslie
Level 1
Level 1

Was this ever resolved? I have the Cisco 562 on the Standard Base and it auto answers when lifted off the base. Has Cisco come up with a fix to disable auto answer? I want to be required to press the button on the headset to answer calls.

Thanks

Dennis

phauserx
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. Is there no way to deactivate the annoying auto answer?
I have a Cisco Headset 561 with Multibase.

Thanks!
Patrick

mark.kruger
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem too. Has there been any progress with this issue? It's getting to the point where I'm considering reverting my users back to the original headset vendor.

Thanks,

Mark

Jesse Zepeda
Level 5
Level 5

Did anyone find a fix for this?