cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Headset 730 microphone pickup worse after firmware upgrade on several headsets

tapani.luolamo
Level 1
Level 1

We received in our company several sets of these headsets and are experiencing issues with the headsets microphone pickup while at least connected to the PC with USB adapter that comes with the headset. I have three sets of these headsets with me for testing and I can clearly observe the microphone pickup is much worse on two sets of headsets. Attached you have a picture of the two recordings I did with audacity, first 10 seconds is me counting from 1 to 10 with the headset that has now the issue, the last 10 seconds with the headset that is not experiencing this. As you can see from the picture the first headsets microphone pickup is much worse that with the second one. I have at least 5 headsets with this issue, all fresh out of the box and latest firmwares installed both in the headsets and USB adapters, interestingly one of the headset started to have the issues only after I connected the USB adapter today Deskpro, once I put the same USB adapter back to my PC, the microphone pickup had got worse. Is there a way to reset / adjust the microphone pickup? Everyting in the PC itself is set to maximum. Thank you for hints how to solve the issue.microphone pickup.jpg 

2 Replies 2

anttiisoaho
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded the firmware from the stock firmware to the latest version 1-6-0-162 using Cisco Headsets app on my iPhone. After this microphone gain is really low, I get feedback about my low volume if I make regular mobile phone call using this headset connected to my iPhone, or if I join to Webex Meeting with PC, connected via USB dongle. In case of MS Teams it is not so obvious as MS Teams seems to normilize participants volume around to the same level.

I then downgraded the firmware to earlier version using Cisco Cloud upgrader (https://upgrade.cisco.com/accessories) but this did not make any difference to the microphone gain anymore, so I upgraded the firmware back to the latest version. Based on this, I have the feeling that issue might not be with the firmware itself, but maybe in my case Cisco Headsets app changed the microphone gain setting (which according to documentation does not exist unlike in Cisco Headset 500 series) during the firmware upgrade process.

Were you able to find any further resolution? This has been a frustrating product so far, with this compounding it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: