Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IAD w/ Western Electric 551 1A2 KSU

Jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm not sure if I am beating a dead horse on this one, but I running into some trouble trying to get my IAD2431-16fxs to communicate successfully to my old mid 60's Western Electric 1A2 KSU.  As it stands I have to of the FXS ports from the IAD configured with extension numbers and hooked up to line 1 and 2 on the KSU.  I have the IAD set to PLAR to ring the KSU lines.  The trouble I am having it that the call is successful for about 2 seconds and then the KSU drops the connection.  I was referring to artical https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/395939# and someone mentioned that there are disconnect supervisory problems and that loop start and ground start need to be configured on the KSU, but I was looking at the manual I have for this unit and it does not mention anything about being able to change those.  Just though I would through this one out there before I keep trying to do the impossible.  Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

-Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Under voice-port, try "no battery-reversal".

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Under voice-port, try "no battery-reversal".

Awesome, That did the trick.  Thank you very much.I can now sustain a call to and from the KSU.

One other issue, the KSU does drop the call when I use the hold button on the 1A2 phones, and the phones attached to the KSU will not ring.  If you have any thought on that It would be a great help.

Thank you very much

-Jeff

Check grounding ? Perhaps time to evolve the KSU into something from this century ?

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!