Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IM&P Sync Agent issues

Kane Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have CUCM 11.5 and an IM&P 11.5 in my lab environment, both are in the same LAN and DNS is working fine. I have two error messages when I run the system troubleshooter - Cisco Sync agent and SIP Publish model. Screenshot attached. The Cisco Sync service is running. I have tried restarting it and even rebooted both VMs. The issue I am facing is that if I make any changes to the UC services, these don't get propagated to IM&P and hence Jabber still sees the old details, i.e. old CUC IP address etc. Any ideas please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Problem solved! It was this bug:

CUPS Cisco Sync Agent stops after upgrade to 11.5.1.12900-25
CSCvd02541

Description
Symptom:
Sync Agent stops running on IM and Presence Server.

Conditions:
Upgrade IM&P from 11.5.1 SU1 to 11.5.1 SU2 while CUCM is still on 11.5.1 SU1.This condition is applicable only to version 11.5.1.

Workaround:
Please make sure CUPS and CUCM both are on 11.5.1 SU2

I upgraded CUCM to SU3. No errors at all now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Kane,

did you check that the port specified on SIP trunk confgigured on CUCM matches the application listener port on IM&P?

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I checked and it is the default of 5060. I rebooted the server and noticed that the services take a very long time to start up. Eventually all services start except the Sync agent. I need to start this manually. Then after a while I ran the System Troubleshooter and I see that the Sync agent has stopped again and I also have the SIP Publish Model error.

Problem solved! It was this bug:

CUPS Cisco Sync Agent stops after upgrade to 11.5.1.12900-25
CSCvd02541

Description
Symptom:
Sync Agent stops running on IM and Presence Server.

Conditions:
Upgrade IM&P from 11.5.1 SU1 to 11.5.1 SU2 while CUCM is still on 11.5.1 SU1.This condition is applicable only to version 11.5.1.

Workaround:
Please make sure CUPS and CUCM both are on 11.5.1 SU2

I upgraded CUCM to SU3. No errors at all now.

Great Job Kane!

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"