Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IM and Presence (9.1.1) Menu for Jabber/CTI

martin.sloan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to configure the CTI gateway and profile in the IM and Presence server while following the deployment guide but the Application->Cisco Jabber menu isn't available.  According to the documentation this is where I should find the CTI gateway and profile config menus.  I saw a recent resolved post where the OP was pointed to the CUPC menu but I don't have that one either.  My menus are Legacy Clients, Microsoft RCC, Third-Party clients and then client types.  I'm still looking through the sub menus but haven't seen anything relating to CTI yet.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nice work Cisco :-)

Compare that to the CUCM guide where they have updated it to have the correct locations:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_A34970C5_00_admin-guide-91_chapter_01100001.html

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You need to look at the manuals for 9.1, they are significantly changed from 8.x - the menus you are looking for are now in ccmadmin rather than CUPS.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks, but I believe I have the correct deployment guide.  Please see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/deployment/9_1_1/CUP0_BK_D5B4C107_00_deployment-guide-for-imp-91_chapter_01010.html#CUP0_TK_CA27A982_00

I understand there are changes and so I was trying to get refreshed by doing the install from the install guide.  You'll see that this guide references the Application->Cisco Jabber menu, which isn't there in my install.

Thanks

Nice work Cisco :-)

Compare that to the CUCM guide where they have updated it to have the correct locations:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_A34970C5_00_admin-guide-91_chapter_01100001.html

Regards

Aaron

Ah!  Many thanks.  I thought something was up and it looks like I've come to right place to ask.  I have the service profile configured already so I should be good to go!  Well, that's aside from the case I have open with TAC because the end users assigned to the feature group template where IM&P is enabled aren't enabled for IM&P in the EUDB....  but that's another thread :-)

Thanks, Aaron.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to suggestion from the guru on this subject (+5 Aaron) I hope you are using CUCM9.X as CUCM8.X is not supported with IM and Presence server 9.X

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Yes, it's a BE6k install with 9.1 across the board for CUCM/Unity/IM&P.  Assuming that I'm using the correct doc (please see link above), can you suggest why them menu items are missing?

Thanks