Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IM Presence 10.1 on login database connection error

Humza Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our client is running CUCM 10.0.1. Their domain previous domain was wrong, so we changed domain on CUCM, and after restarted its working fine , that same domain command replicated on IM Presence server and restarted. From that time we are facing database connection error on administration GUI page, if go on os admin, IM server successfully login.

Urgent Help required.

Regards, 

Humza Khan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Humza,

Deleting and re-adding the server will definitely take care of this issue.

JB

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Huma,

Can you check the status for "A Cisco DB" service, through "Utils service list".

HTH

JB

Hi JB,

Thanks for your response currently A cisco DB service is started on CUCM, But on IM Presence server A Cisco DB service in starting state. Still unable to login with same error.

And i m Humza Khan not Huma.

Rgeards,

Humza Khan

Hi Humza,

By bad on getting your name incorrect

It looks like IM&P dint took the changes, there are multiple BUG which i have seen in different versions of CUCM and IM&P. Can you please describe the procedure you did in exact steps.

Also when you say changes replicated to IM&P, can you send me outout of "show network eth0 detail" from both CUCM and IM&P server.

JB

Hi JB,

We have changed CUCM domain from smallbusiness.local to actual domain which is precisionprinting.co.uk. So firstly we added this on cucm after restart cucm, replicated on im presence server. after restart till now we are facing this database comm. error.

Snapshots attached.

Regards,

Humza Khan

Hi Humza,

can you provide the below output in text from your CUPS sever.

run sql select * from processnode

show tech network hosts

JB

Hi JB,

You required log file is attached.

Kindly review.

Regards,

Humza Khan

Hi Humza,

you are missing "run sql select * from processnode"

JB

Hi,

Kindly check this log file.

Regards,

Humza Khan

Hi Humza,

I think we would have to verify logs and possible might have to get to root. I would recommend you to contact TAC for further troubleshooting if possible we will have to possible get to root and verify integrity.

Team: any further inputs to help Humza would be appreciated.

Thanks

JB

Hi JB,

Thanks for your entire support, currently client no user is using im service newly deployed, i m thinking to detele this server and rebuilt this server again. What you think if i create new server, have u think this issue comes again with new one. I m little worry about this. As i know according to the document we don't need any software license for this IM server. Am i right. Actually client has no smartnet against this server.

Kindly suggest.

Swift response will be great.

Regards,

Humza Khan

Hi Humza,

Deleting and re-adding the server will definitely take care of this issue.

JB