Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP 7821 non 3PCC version use with external sip provider

Papajesz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I recently got my first VoIP phone the Cisco 7821 and I have zero experience with VOIP phones

From what I know I need to enter the sip settings to configure the phone but after some googling, I found out that I got the enterprise version for use with cisco CUCM and it asks for activation code

The web interface page doesn't even come up

What are my options? I read that this phone can be configured via TFTP for sip but I have no clue where to even start

I can't return this phone and I bought two 

I know I really should've got the 3PCC version 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just to be clear, UPGRADE means you will upgrade the same kind of FW, either enterprise or 3PCC to a higher release.

MIGRATE means you will go from enterprise to 3PCC or viceversa.

So, if you mean after you MIGRATE to 3PCC if you will have a configuration GUI, the answer is yes.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by looking at previous threads, the topic has been discussed many, many times at the forum.

You can swap from enterprise to 3PCC but there might be an associated cost, details at upgrade.cisco.com

HTH

java

Thanks!

I've now read those threads and found out I would have to install SIP firmware and then create SEP config on the TFTP server to enter my SIP credentials correct?

Also, I would go upgrade route which option would upgrade me to 3PCC? Enterprise --> Webex Calling/MPP?

I don't know the terminology sorry 

The 7821 only runs SIP, you don't need to load the SIP FW, in any case you might just need to upgrade it. You're oversimplifying the steps, but yes, that would be involved.

Yes, that's the option you would need to use, start by reading the documentation and then find out the associated cost with the migration.

HTH

java

One last question just to be sure

After the upgrade, it will enable the web GUI where I can set my sip details easily?

Thank you 

Just to be clear, UPGRADE means you will upgrade the same kind of FW, either enterprise or 3PCC to a higher release.

MIGRATE means you will go from enterprise to 3PCC or viceversa.

So, if you mean after you MIGRATE to 3PCC if you will have a configuration GUI, the answer is yes.

HTH

java

That's all I had to know

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: