Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator and IP Phones

Hi,

we're planning to implement Cisco IP communicator 7.0, together with UCM 8.0(3) and SIP trunk.

We'd like to put this network configuration (that is pretty much the standard one):

PoE Switch -- Cisco IP Phone -- PC (with IP Communicator)

If we install for each user the IP communicator on the workstation, and we connect the PC to the Phone with the same user, is there any compatibility issue between the softphone and the physical phone?

In terms of:

1 - specific model of Cisco phone to be used with the IP communicator 7.0?

2 - user that is present on both the physical and the soft device?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

rapperjky
Level 1
Level 1

you have to check ip address.

i guess  that is ip issue.

u have to Test same IP or other cm version.

it was a question like 'can I do that way? will it work?'.

thx however.

mcreilly
Level 1
Level 1

Short answer - no, you shouldn't have any problems or compatibility issues with that setup. I've done just that with various models of phone (7940, 7941, 7945, 7960, 7965) and it works nicely.

Caveat: I've only done this with Cisco switches that support, and are configured to use, CDP and auxiliary VLANs. If you're using a third party switch then you need to test, test and test again before you roll this out!

bsugamele1
Level 4
Level 4

This should not be an issue at all. I am running CIPC on PCs in my office through 7975, 7960, and 7940 phones with the same extension. I've been set up like this for 4 years through 3 revisions of CUCM with no issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: