Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator crashing after Audio setup

Eduardo Padilla
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,
Hope you can help me with this issue.

Every time I launch CIPC, the Audio Setup message freezes for about a min, after that, I can see the UI for a second and then the Reporting tool shows up.

Troubleshoot:

• I've tried with versions 8,6,3,0 and 7,0,4,0
  • Run as admin and compatibility mode
  • Change audio devices to all the options available in the wizard
  • Run it in a different profile 
  • Run it in Safe Mode
  • Uninstall and re-install in Safe Mode
  • System Restore

Any idea of how can I fix this or determine the root cause ?

Log file from Error Reporting Tool attached.

Btw, this is not my computer, it belongs to a user I'm assisting.

3 Replies 3

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you using any headset? Did you review the system configuration?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/8_6_4/CIPC_BK_C6B0FEBA_00_cisco-ip-communicator-864-release.html#CIPC_RF_S2A2955C_00

Internal Hardware (Microsoft Windows 7)
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate 32-bit and 64-bit

• Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1

• Performance scores of 3 or higher

• Hardware in computers running Microsoft Windows 7 and Cisco IP Communicator using video must have a base score of 3 or higher. Run the performance tool by choosing Start > Control Panel and clicking Performance Information and Tools.

• The subscores for Memory (RAM), Graphics, and Gaming Graphics must be 3 or higher.

• Disk space: 200 MB free disk space

• Memory: 2 GB RAM (3 GB RAM recommended for 64-bit OS)

• A non-ISA full-duplex sound card (integrated or PCI-based) or USB sound device

• A 10/100 Mbps Ethernet network interface card

• SVGA video card

• 800 x 600 x16-bit screen resolution (1024 x 768 x 16-bit or better recommended)

Aseem Anand

Hi Aseem,

The problem persist with or without the headset connected, and I'm sure that this computer is able to run the software because last week it was working just fine. 

The user can't remember any hardware or software change done to her computer recently, and I forgot to mention in my troubleshoot steps that I performed a System restore, unfortunately that didn't fix the problem.

Thanks for your assistance. 

Hi Eduardo,

Can you check with the user if he installed any other IM client on his workstation like Skype, Lync or something else?

Aseem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: