cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator does not recognize my headset in the Audio Tuning Wizard

MrSnrub
Level 1
Level 1

After installing Cisco IP Communicator and running it for the first time, the Audio Tuning Wizard does not recognize the Logitech headset. In other words, when clicking the drop-down menus for "Headset", "Speakerphone", and "Handset", the only available option is "Default Windows Audio Device". There should be another option for my headset. I am using a Dell Latitude 9510 laptop, Windows 10, version 8.6.6.1 of Cisco IP Communicator, and the Logitech - H390 USB Headset with Noise-Canceling Microphone. 

2 Replies 2

Liz Bentler
Level 1
Level 1

did you ever resolve this as we have the same problem where ip communicator is not recognizing most wired devices.

Through my troubleshooting, it appears headsets not showing up has something to do with the base windows audio drivers or something. I have found the behavior to be different on two different laptops. If only "default windows audio device" is showing. you need to plug in the headset, right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right in your taskbar, select sounds and ensure your headset is set as "default" in the Playback and Recording tab