Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator issue

Rmcguire
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

We have a remote employee using IP Communicator 8.6.6.0 and once he connects to our vpn and starts the ip communicator everything registers fine, then after a short while, goes into a registering loop or a blank screen on the phone....this is the only remote employee we're having the issue with and is happening on 2 different laptops, any help would be appreciated.

I've attached the 2 screenshots.....thanks

new screenshot.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-19 100723.jpg

  

10 Replies 10

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Rmcguire,

There are various reasons.

Please give us, if it's possible, logs from you call manager during this issue.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

can you tell me where I would get the logs from on? We are using CUCM 12.0.1....thanks for the response

FWIW: If the first picture is supposed to show that the phone is registered, it is not. I don't see a number by a line appearance button, nor the text at the bottom just above the softkeys that I would expect if the phone were fully registered.

The user can view the log in the Status Messages under Settings on the CIPC phone to see if there is something obvious like "TFTP TImeout" or something.

Also, did you build the CIPC with a specific name like "BarbPhone" and match that in CUCM, or did you set it up using a MAC address? (Hopefully the former.)

Maren

Rmcguire
Level 1
Level 1

always done by the mac address, this is the only phone we have an issue with. On the first screen shot that is what also comes up when it is trying to re-register, just a blank screen. The CIPC eventually re-registers after waiting for quite a while, or if we end the process in the task manager. What I've noticed is if the phone has a second line along with his direct line that is when it starts re-registering...attached is what it looks like when registered. We have employees who share a secondary line so multiple people can answer and it is when I add that line that his phone starts re-registering...circled in red is where that line is typically in his case its '2024' (just an internal company number multiple people can answer)

Screenshot 2023-05-19 135348.jpg

That pic does seem to show a registered phone. And you are accounting for Wireless MAC vs. Wired MAC on that person's PC?

The user may be able to capture logs locally by going to http://<ip.of.phone>  and email them to you.

Is the phone SCCP or SIP?

Rmcguire
Level 1
Level 1

where can you view settings on CIPC?

Rmcguire
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for the reply Maren....its SCCP, yes its registered currently but goes in and out of being registered.....not sure what you mean by wireless MAC vs. wired MAC.....he is running the CIPC off of a laptop wirelessly connecting to his router.

Rmcguire
Level 1
Level 1

when looking at the status message on his phone am receiving the following

Screenshot 2023-05-19 141541.jpg

As the traffic is going though the firewall, make sure SIP/SCCP  inspections are disabled on the firewall. If enabled i have seen such strange behaviors.

Response Signature

Rmcguire
Level 1
Level 1

I believe I have this fixed, I was able to recreate the issue on my cipc at home and with that secondary shared line, on the directory settings, there wasn't anything set on the calling search space...will follow up again if this appears to be the final cause...thanks for all the help

Rmcguire_0-1684757112255.png