Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator over SSL VPN

ougwuoke
Level 1
Level 1

hello all

I have five laptops setup with Cisco IP Communicator All five laptops work fine on a LAN to LAN call as well as LAN to VPN or VPN to LAN calls.

Four of the 4 laptops works fine on SSL VPN to SSL VPN call but one of them.

I have checked the configure over and over.  I have even moved the numbers around and still the same issue on the same laptop

does anyone know if any Application could break the Cisco IP Communicator over VPN?

I have make sure that this

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please explain your issue? Is it that the phone does not register, cannot make phone calls, there is no audio, one way audio, etc?

Chris

The phone with the issue does register and can call any number in the internal network.  But once he tires to call another user on VPN he is not getting audio.  He can here on hold muisc

I was able to find this only about an error I saw on his computer.  it is an event ID 36884

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2275950

It looks like the audio stream is blocked between this VPN laptop and other laptops connected over VPN, so it looks to me as a network issue. Does this laptop receive an IP in the same range as the others? Can you ping another VPN laptop?

The laptop get the same IP address block as the other 4 laptops we are working with.  I  can't ping this one while it is on SSL VPN from another SSL VPN machine.  I can ping all other laptops.  I can however ping the laptop with issue from LAN just fine as well as call and receive call from the laptop while the laptop is on VPN and I am on the LAN

If you can't ping this one, but you can ping the other 4 over VPN, it means that traffic is blocked to this one from other VPN devices. So it is normal that you have one-way audio...

Okay where do I look to fix the issue.  

I can't help you with the VPN setup and I don't know your network design, but start with checking config/logs on all devices in between, starting with the affected laptop.

Or you can open a new discussion in the routing/vpn board.

Two recommendations:

1. Check windows firewall and any AV firewalls.

2. Check the "Network" under the "Audio" configuration on CIPC and make sure it is bound to the appropriate interface. I have seen it bind to the wrong interface before which results in no audio.

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

I finally had the time to work on this.  The issue is with the ASA.  I had to add the VPN networks as part of the no NAT or trusted network in the Split tunnel group. 

We will rebuild this SSL VPN and we will not have spilt tunneling moving forward

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: