Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator

We are about to deploy Cisco IP Communicators in our organisation. And in that regard a few questions arise.

What happens when the laptop with the softphone is shut down? I suspect you will get an error when the number of the softphone is called.

Is there anyway to prevent that? One solution could be to instruct the users to forward all calls before they close there laptops. But that is not a good solution in my opinion.

Regards

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

For a detailed answer you need to let us know which call control product you have - e.g. CUCM 7.1.

Assuming that you have this version calls would be treated according to the Call Forward Unregistered settings on the line allocated to the softphone.

This could be set to forward calls to voicemail, an internal destination or an external number such as a cellphone.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

For a detailed answer you need to let us know which call control product you have - e.g. CUCM 7.1.

Assuming that you have this version calls would be treated according to the Call Forward Unregistered settings on the line allocated to the softphone.

This could be set to forward calls to voicemail, an internal destination or an external number such as a cellphone.

Hi James,

Thanks for the quick reply. That was exactly what I was looking for.

We are using version 7.0.110000-2 by the way.

Thanks

Thomas