cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP-PBX and Panasonic hybrid

Chris Gabel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new client that is currently using a Panasonic TDA600 Hybrid Ip-pbx system. Due to extremely old building wiring we are forced to keep this system in place, however I am hoping to attach a new Cisco Ip-pbx system in the building next door and connect the two systems. I'm thinking the Cisco Business Edition 6000.

Can anyone tell me if these two systems can be connected and how?

If so would I be able to configure phones connected to the Panasonic through the Cisco box?

Would Internal calls to extensions work across platforms?

If a PRI is connected to the Cisco box, would I be able to make calls using a handset connected to the Panasonic?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to look in first place for what common protocol can be used by both systems, either SIP, H323, QSIG, etc.

If they have a common protocol, then you would need to configure the necessary trunk between them, to enable calls between both systems.

Yes, you might be able to place calls from your other PB thru Cisco, assuming you can trunk both systems with a common protocol.

You can search in the Cisco interoperability portal for references if Cisco has tried this, or reach your SE.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, gabelchris. 

It is possible for you to integrate your current PBX system with Cisco BE6K. As Jaime mentioned, you should check which protocol your current system supports. 

Check this link for a deployment guide for Cisco Unified Communication:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x/models.html#wp1268031

Have you already spoke to a Cisco rep or partner for this requirement?

Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

Chris Gabel
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply's!

It looks like the Panasonic system supports most protocols including SIP, H323, E1, QSIG etc.. Is there a recommended protocol for connecting these systems that will work better?

I found no information on this Panasonic system on the interoperability portal. I might have to give out rep a call.

Ideally I would like to place calls from phones on the Panasonic system through the trunk to the Cisco system and our the PRI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: