Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ip phone 7940 series

qdelmar01
Level 1
Level 1

HI:

We have a problem with 3 cisco ip phones series 7940, for a reason we dont know they have become useless.. and the message on the screen is UNPROVISIONED, you please tell us how we can fix it.

thank you 

Miguel Morales

Quinta Del Mar 

619-560-2916

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

More information is required. 

Is this SCCP or SIP?  What kind of Cisco call manager?  CUCM/CUE?  Non-Cisco call manager?

Hi Leo,

I have a similar issue with 7965G and they are SCCP.  We are running CUCM version 10.5.1.10000-7.  All these phones were recently purchased, configured to our system and just now being deployed to a new building.

Before they went to 'unprovisioned' they were in a constant 'registering'.  We are able to see them on our switches and they were receiving IP addresses from the proper vlan.  CUCM would show their status and IPv4 as None/None.  After trying a factory default reset, they are now in the 'unprovisioned' status.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!  Also, I am a novice and was defaulted to supporting the phone system with the provision that they would hire someone that had the proper experience/knowledge, which now I have been told will not be happening.

Before they went to 'unprovisioned' they were in a constant 'registering'.  We are able to see them on our switches and they were receiving IP addresses from the proper vlan.

Are the phones getting the correct IP address or not?

If they are, copy the IP address into a web browser.   Under Device Information, look at the Time, Time Zone and Date.  If the information of all three are incorrect, then it means the phone hasn't registered with anything yet.  

Next, go to the Network Configuration page and look at the TFTP Server, Unified CM details and see if anything populated in those field(s) is/are correct.

Make sure the switch port the phone is connected to is in proper voice vlan and there is DHCP scope defined for that VLAN/Subnet with correct option 150 pointing to your CUCM TFTP servers.
I am assuming you have other Cisco phones working correctly on your CUCM, so compare the switch and DHCP configuration.
Sounds like you already performed factory reset as that would have deleted any ITL certificates that would prevent the phone from registering to new cluster.