Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7941 Not Booting?

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

I have a Cisco IP Phone 7941 that will not power on. I'm hoping it's not bricked and maybe there is a way to fix this..?

This is what happens when I connect the POE to the phone:

1. Plug in POE Ethernet cable.
  2. Mute button flashes Red then off.
  3. Immediately following the mute button turning off, the speaker button lights up green for 15 seconds.
  4. After 15 seconds the speaker button turns off and the line 1 button flashes Amber then off.
  5. Then nothing else happens after the line 1 button turns off.

I attempted a factory reset but after doing the step where you press 123456789*0# nothing happens.

Is there anything else I can try to get this phone working?
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

4 Replies 4

guy.richard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you try another deeper factory reset 1673492850*# (takes a longer time)

Hey Richard, thanks for the reply!

So I plug in the POE, then hold down the # key for a few seconds until the Line button lights flash in sequence, and then I begin entering in that number sequence. And right about when I enter the first 4 digits of the sequence (*i.e. "1673") all the lights on the phone go out and then nothing else happens after I finish entering the sequence...

Any idea what that could be about? Or maybe something else I can try?

*FYI: I just tried the regular factory reset sequence again (*123456789*0#) just to see if that one at least lets me finish entering the sequence, and it did. The lights didn't go out until after I finished entering that.

Thanks again for the reply, very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

Hi,

I don't think you have many options other than replacement.

Yea, I was afraid of that... Thanks for the reply.

Thanks,
Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: