Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7941G

INEM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

After doing a Total Hard Reset, which procedure should be done to put new firmware on the phone without a CUCM, it is possible with TFTP only?

Best Regards

Carlos

14 Replies 14

Yes,

you can update firmware with tftp.

Regards

how? can you explain? Please...

1. Press the Settings button on your phone.

2. Using the blue scroll button, press the down arrow until Option #2 ‘Network Configuration’ and press the ‘Select’ Softkey, or press the number 2 on your dial pad.

3. Press * * # on your dial pad. This will unlock the phone so you can edit the settings of the phone. To verify that you have successfully unlocked the phone, look at the top right corner of the screen and see a pad lock that is “unlocked”.

4. Scroll down to Option #24, “Alternate TFTP” and verify that it says YES. If it does not say YES, press the YES Softkey.

5. Scroll up to Option #8, “TFTP Server 1″ or press 8 on your dial pad.

6. Press the EDIT softkey and enter in 207*34*32*100

7. Press the Validate softkey.

8. Press the Save softkey.

9. Press the Cancel softkey.

10. Press the Save softkey

11. At the bottom of the screen you should see “All changes Saved

Regards

the problem is that the telephone after the total hard reset does not show anything on display, is this normal? or is the phone  broken?

After hard reset, you must have a default factory.

how can I get the default factory?

Please help me...

I do not have acess to this file, you can write what he say?

thanks

Just remove /partner from URL.

I did the following as I said in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a00800941bb.shtml but the phone did not show anything on the screen, I have another way to put the phone to work?

Note:

The display shows nothing and the phone is always doing the cycles of flash keys.

Search the forum, there are many many posts on the subject.

Hi,

I found nothing that helps me to solve the problem, this post keeps open unanswered!!

Thanks in advance for yours replays...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/620/fn62949.html

The link above is the correct solution for your problem. Basicly leave it plugged into the switch for about 20 min. Then it should work.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: