cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7942 and Plantronics C054A

Blackspear
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco IP Phone 7942 and Plantronics C054A with a Plantronics Handset Lifter.

The issue I am having is, when I answer a call with my Plantronics headset, the button on the phone that is currently lit green (button is called headset), it deactivates and in doing so, the caller cannot hear me or that I have answered their call.  It remains this way until I repress the headset button on the phone.

What am I missing in order to permanently use my headset while away from the phone itself?  I can do this with other brands of phones, just not with this particular brand/model.

Cheers

2 Replies 2

Blackspear
Level 1
Level 1

Resolved with the answer provided by Plantronics Tech Support:

If you have the CS540 base connected to your Cisco phone via the handset port please be sure the settings are as follows. Configuration A, Listen and Speak dials on #3.

With this configuration the handset needs to be off hook while on a call and the handsfree button on the Cisco phone in the OFF mode.

If you have the base connected to your Cisco phone via the headset port the settings are: Configuration D, Listen and Speak dial on #3. The handset can remain on the cradle and to answer the call by pressing the hands free button on your Cisco phone and the call button on the headset.

Yungi Chu
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried using the APC-42 EHS? Must better setup:

http://headsetplus.com/product1661/product_info.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: