Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ip phone 7945 showing wrong VM indicator

mandarpai2
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unity express Version 7.0.

A Cisco phone model 7945 with a particular number is always showing a wrong indicator , whenever the user does not have any voicemail in the Mailbox the indicator and the symbol shows or will be in ON state.

We have refreshed the VM indicator then also after one day the same issue happened.

We have recreated this particular extension and VM box still the issue persists kindly someone help me with this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Update CUE software. Then use "unsolicited notify" configuration.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Does the phone have a second line? If so, the MWI light might be on because of VM left on the second line.

HTH Regards, Yosh

no there is no second line for this phone only one line, Once we refresh the status from the cue THE INDICATOR goes to off and then after sometime or some hours it will happen again.

I have a couple of questions:

1. What type of integration with voicemail is this, SCCP or SIP?

2. If SCCP, does the end user have access to the MWI on and off numbers, is it possible that they are dialing this number on accident or without knowing what it does?

Hi John,

1. What type of integration with voicemail is this, SCCP or SIP?

The integration is sccp.

2. If SCCP, does the end user have access to the MWI on and off numbers, is it possible that they are dialing this number on accident or without knowing what it does?

But there is a very less chance for that point you . but i will not neglect this issue. I will test and confirm it.

Hello John,

The issue still presists.

the mailbox does not have any VM but the indicator will pop up.

do you have any suggestion.

Hello John,

The issue still presists.

the mailbox does not have any VM but the indicator will pop up.

do you have any suggestion.

Update CUE software. Then use "unsolicited notify" configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: