Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7962 is not booting after Factory Reset

Jeylinux4Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

After I did the Factory reset, 7962 is not booting.. Kindly help me..

I have tried with 349*** method also .. Orange->Red-> Green - Lights was blowing as per the procedure..

But its not booting still.. Every 5 mins once i can see the Headset,Mute&Spearker button on green and First line buttong on Orange.. Thats it

NO progress after this.. let me know wat to do next?

Thanks

Jeyabala

3 Replies 3

GustafRamos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem as you. Made a factory reset, it stucks on Upgrading screen. Made a 349..... reset and stucks on the start up process.

Any idea?

I removed some 7962 switches for an active  network to excess them.  For security reasons, I need to erase the IPV4 IP address prior to excessing the IP phones.  So, I placed them on a POE 3850 switch that is off the network  and set to the factory default (no port setting or VLANS).    Most of them would power up and I entered the password and erased the networking settings.  Others would  power up saying upgrading and  stop there.   Executed the  factory default and the 349*** method.   The switches power up with a blank screen and no indicators on at all.    I just need to know whether the IPV4  IP address is cleared when the phone is in that state.

What I normally do with sulky phones is connect them to an isolated network with DHCP and Option 150 pointing to a separate TFTP server which in turn hosts the load files.  That way I can force whatever version I want.  I've brought a few back from the dead this way, after they've apparently died either during a FW upgrade or after a factory reset.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: