Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone CP-7965G SW and PC port configuration

On our network, we have over 100 phones CP-7965G. They are all connected in 100 Full-Duplex. We would like to upgrade it to 1000 FD.

Our network administrator forced the Switch port to 1000 FD.

I went in the CUCM, under Devices -> Phones

I set up the Common Phone Profile to a 1000 FD profile.

When I rebooted the phone, it stuck to "Configuring IP" and after a long long time, it changes to "Registering" but it never register... I have the same problem if I change the "Common Phone Profile" to Auto

I tried to set it manually on the phone but I can't change the option. I enter the code to unlock the network settings, I scrolled down to the SW Port and PC Port, they are actually both at 100 FD. When I select it, I don't have options to change it. All I can do is reset the network settings, which I did, and after a reboot, it's the same.

Can anyone help me out  ?

Thank you

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why are you trying to hard code this? You should never need to hard code 1000/FD, leave it auto and let it auto negotiate to the gig port speed.

It was working fine with 100 FD. I tried the Auto, but it's not connecting either ! I just tried the 1000 FD to see if it would be better

I am assuming the switch is brand new? Is it configured properly, with proper access and voice VLANs?

Is this a Cisco switch? If so, does "sh cdp neighbors" show the phones?

Are PCs connected to the switch working?

No, it's the same switch.

We only changed the port speed to 1000 FD instead of 100 FD

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

Is all the hardware compatible? Make sure phone and switch ports are gigabit and also that the cabling throughout is cat5e or cat6.

What else is configured under the switch port?

You really shouldn't have to do much, not even hard code the speed. If everything is correct, it will just auto negotiate to gig. 

This morning, we'll try to connect the phone directly in the switch to see if it's a wire issue. This can't be a better test.