cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone doesn"t connect to voice vlan on 3Com E4500PWR

Sindibade 78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Please i occure a problem that the ip phone 7911 can't connect to voice vlan configured on 3Com E4500PWR.

i use automatic Vlan managed trought the OUI table.

When i configured the voice vlan as untagged vlan with access port mode, the ipphone connect correctly to network and CCM.

When i use the hypride mode with data vlan as untagged vlan and voice vlan enabled on this port. the ip phone can't connect.

please do you have any idea?

Vlan 1

undo igmp-snooping enable.

interface Ethernet2/0/24

poe enable

stp edged-port enable

port link-type hybrid

port hybrid vlan 1 untagged

broadcast-suppression pps 3000

packet-filter inbound link-group 4999 rule 0

voice vlan enable

voice vlan mac-address D057-4C00-0000 mask ffff-ff00-0000 description Cisco

voice vlan 2 enable

6 Replies 6

Mohamed Abdulla
Level 1
Level 1

Salam Adil,

When you do a "display vlan 2" on the switch, do you see the interface (Ethernet) where your cisco phone is connected?

Also, when you do a "display mac-address vlan 2" do you see the mac address of the cisco phone?

To which VLAN is your CM connected? What is the IP address?

What are the configuration of the IP phone (IP address, Gateway, Admin VLAN, CM, TFTP)?

Recently I have implemented cisco IP telephony over 3Com 4500G switches, and here what i have done:

1- CME connected to vlan 2, ip address 172.16.2.1 (created DHCP pool with option 150 on this scope), on the switch port where the CME router connects I configured : port link-type trunk, port trunk permit all

2- On the switch port where the phone is connected: Port link-type hybrid, port hybrid permit vlan 2 tagged

3- On the IP phone, manually configured Admin VLAN as 2, validate, save.

From there everything should work. I know it is a tedious work to manually configure all your IP phones in that way, but you can rest assured it will work.

Hi Mohamed,

I have resolved the problem yesterday. The problem was that the voice vlan on the access port must be configured as voice vlan legacy without specify the tagged vlan because when we configure voice vlan on global mode and when we tell to the access port that voice vlan is enabled with legacy mode it will be automatically tagged vlan with voice prioritized.

We have not need to configured manully the admin vlan on ip phone.

I'm working at most time with 3Com switch and I'm certified on. If we need assistance don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thnks for your feedback.

Great Adil,

I think I will need you to send me the access interface configuration on the switch. In the past I have tried to make voice vlan auto mode work on the 3Com switch, but failed to do so. All I have tried with was with port link-type trunk and hybrid. never tried access though!

The uplink port must be configured as Trunk link type.

For access port it's must be configured as Hybrid link type.

The voice vlan is : 2

Data vlan is 1:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

interface Ethernet2/0/24

poe enable

stp edged-port enable

port link-type hybrid

port hybrid vlan 1 untagged

broadcast-suppression pps 3000

packet-filter inbound link-group 4999 rule 0

voice vlan enable

voice vlan legacy

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

you need to configure the OUI table to detect the Cisco IP phones trough. You must list all your oui mac address for your iphone parc like this model and configure them on all access switch. It necerray for the switch to detect and place the ip phone on voice vlan.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

voice vlan mac-address D057-4C00-0000 mask ffff-ff00-0000 description Cisco

voice vlan 2 enable

Brilliant

Adil,

So the trick is that "legacy" command. I did not see it in any 3com config guide, but now I have seen it in the Command Reference Guide. Thanks

joro
Level 1
Level 1

My was to connect 3Com 4500 and 3Com 4210 (where the second one is 16 port poe switch, without voice... commands)

interface Ethernet1/0/2

poe enable

stp edged-port enable

port link-type trunk

undo port trunk permit vlan 1

port trunk permit vlan 10 20

port trunk pvid vlan 10

and you have to enforce on the phone to be vlan 20.

Data vlan 10, Voice vlan 20. Of course the uplink port is a trunk port with at least the data and voice vlans.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: