Abdu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have CME with two IP Phone

IP Phone1: 172.16.15.5

CME: 172.16.15.6

IP Phone2: 10.10.10.2

IP Phone2 have 10.10.10.2 and after NAT have 172.16.15.8, the problem I faced is the phone 2 can ring but not receive any Media only send, 

How I make Phone2 receive the RTP Media?, 

Thanks

17 Replies 17

Hi,

Are they two subnets on same router or different sites? With natting there are very limited options to get media working. Therefore, I suggest to avoid it

It is two sites, I can't avoid NAT, is there any workaround..

Are both sites using same CME or two CMEs with trunk between them (e.g. SIP Trunk). If SIP trunk is used, then the solution will be enabling nat detection on both CMEs using the config

sip-ua

nat symmetric check-media-src

Both site using same CME

In this case nat won't work. You need to have SIP trunk between CMEs to get nat working with the feature I mentioned.

A work around is to register phone 2 to CME using natted IP not the original IP. This case CME won't know the original IP and will ask phone 1 to send rtp stream natted IP

How I make Phone2 registered in CME using natted IP?

I do not if this could help. If you are using firewall for nat then you have to disable SIP inspection in the firewall.

Hi,

This is a routing config using combination of nat, local policy route map and loopback. It will do natting for phone IP before it hits cme.

I thought about one more thing, are you using ephones. If so, apply the command mtp under each ephone and reset the phones then test

i used SIP Phone not sccp, is there any config. i can do in CME or sip phone to allow using nat ip for phone to solve issue?

if possible to give me steps, How I can fix this issue?

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

SIP & NAT don't work.

Can you use, say, an IPSEC VPN between the two systems?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi

I tried asterisk with soft-phones SIP same scenario, and it works fine!! 

Thanks

Asterix is probably using a system such as STUN. Not sure if CME (or CUCM) supports STUN.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi

Is the STUN will work if there is not Internet?

Thanks