Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP phone serial from MAC

kovacskrisztian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there any Cisco internal or external tool to get serial number from MAC address?

BR,

Krisztian

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Turn on LLDP and the serial number of the phone will be in the output.

Dear Leo,

Can you explain this? I have 600 pcs IP phones (7841, 8811, 7965, etc...) registered to CUCM 11.5. I need for serial numbers of all phones as easy as possible.  

BR,

Krisztian

You can try Serial Grabber, but not sure it can pull 78XX and 88XX. 

unifiedFX is a paid tool. Search in google and you will find  third party tools to collect the serial numbers.

Response Signature

We are using Serial Grabber, it can pull the 78XX and 88XX, but now I'm looking for an easier solution. Cisco has an internal tool to get the serial from MAC address. I want to know that why is it not public...?

Internal tools are for Cisco staff not for all.

Response Signature

Mostly you are right, but I don't understand why is this tool internal? I think this tool could help so much to customers and partners. Cisco is implementing many new features to the CallManager but I can not get the phones' serial from CUCM admin interface easily... If they don't implement this feature in the CUCM, Cisco should publish this internal tool to help us. Am I wrong?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: